I have to admit that I love kissing – deep kisses that take your breath away kissing. So – the idea of writing a couple of articles about the many places on the body and the ways to kiss those areas is very appealing to me. This is the first of those articles.
These were the results of an informal survey that I did about where people like to be kissed -these are the areas that we’ll discuss in this post -
- Kissing, Licking & Sucking the Ears, the Earlobes and Around the Ears 5%
- Kissing, Licking & Sucking Along and Below the Jaw 7%
- Kissing, Licking and Sucking Any Area of the Neck 22%
I’m going to save the kissing of the arms and legs and the more intimate areas for another post. I should mention that in my poll, kissing the neck was the second favor spot.
The Neck – Let’s definitely start with the neck. The back of the neck along the hairline, the side of the neck starting just below the earlobe, the front of the neck where you can feel your lover’s heartbeat as your kiss them — this is definitely a great place to start kissing. A number of women mentioned they turn to jello in their man’s hands when he kisses her neck. Definitely a great place to start, whether you’re lying next to each other or you come up behind her when she’s cooking or washing dishes. How about coming up behind her as she’s washing dishes and reach around her waist as you kiss her neck? I bet the dishwater will get cold while things heat up for you. You can kiss the neck, trace your tongue along various parts of the neck, and some people want to leave a mark on their lover by creating a hickey by sucking on their neck. That is totally up to the two of you.
The Ears - Let’s move to the ears – maybe start by sucking the earlobe, play with your tongue just inside the ear (but do this quietly so that it doesn’t turn the person off), trace your tongue along the outer edge of the ear. The ear is also a wonderful spot to nibble – not biting or anything rough (unless that’s what you both want), but tantalizing nibbling can be a lot of fun and very stimulating.
The Top of the Head and The Hair - How about kissing the top of the head and the person’s hair? What about kissing the top of their head when they are bald? Maybe leaving the faint trace of your lipstick on his head or kissing her along the hairline.
Eyebrows – Have you considered kissing your lovers eyebrows? Tracing them with your tongue and tickling that spot above the nose and between the eyebrows.
The Nose - This isn’t just for Eskimos. Have you kissed your lover’s nose? Planting a tender kiss on the tip of their nose and looking deep into their eyes while kissing them. Or, give them a simple Eskimo kiss to let them know you want to heat things up or maybe have some adult play in the snow on a crisp winter day.
The Cheeks - The cheeks on your partner’s face – we’ll talk about the other cheeks later This can be an innocent peck on the cheek or a playful kiss. You can also start with a peck on the cheek and move to the ear or the neck – lots of possibilities.
The Mouth - Hmmmm, notice I didn’t start with the mouth. It can be so much more fun to work your way to your lover’s mouth. Kissing the neck, nibble the jaw, suck their earlobe and leave them gasping or moaning by the time you reach their mouth. There are so many options when kissing the mouth, its hard to know where to start. You can have your mouth open or closed, you can use your tongue or not, you can alternate these things just for a little variety. What about kissing with your mouth open and exchanging breath with your partner in the final moments before you climax? Haven’t tried that? You should!
Here are a few tips to a great kiss – but include plenty of spontaneity and simply see where the moment leads you…..
- Take your partner’s face in your hands and move closer – start with gentle kisses around the face
- With your mouth slightly open, kiss their lips – no tongue at this point – start gentle and tender
- Your partner will signal when he/she is ready for your tongue, usually by opening their mouth more or touching your lips with their tongue – always be aware of how your partner is reacting to the things you do
- You can trace their lips with your tongue – and you can see if they “let you in”
- At some point in the kiss, it can be enjoyable to gently suck their lip or some people prefer to suck their lover’s tongue, similar to the way you would during oral sex. Wrap your lips around their tongue and suck it passionately – its a great sensation.
- Kisses are good when they are hot and wet – this doesn’t mean sloppy wet (unless that is your preference), but definitely not dry. I’ve only kissed one man with a dry mouth – and only on one date. There are reasons for that
- For some different sensations, drink something hot or cold, suck on an ice cube, suck on a peppermint or something similar to give your partner a different taste and feel as you kiss them.
That’s a good start. What body parts will be next? You’ll have to check back and see.
So – what did I miss? What tips or locations would you add around the head and neck? Let’s stay in that area for now and will move to another part of the body next.
To see more about the kissing certification course I took for my love coach training, visit this page – http://lovecoachjourney.wordpress.com/2010/02/21/kissing-certification-from-loveology-university/